Every year since Phoebe was a few months old, we have gone apple picking and I have made apple pie. That means this was our fifth year of apple picking, and this year, I finally made a real, homemade apple pie entirely from scratch. I always make the filling but use store-bought crusts (I really like Jewel's frozen deep dish crust) But I didn't have a frozen crust in my freezer and I was ready to make pie today. I was about to pack the kids in the car to make an unnecessary trip to the grocery store for one item when I remembered that I had all the ingredients and could actually make my own crust rather than bundling everyone up and heading out for one thing--so I did--and it was delicious (which is not obvious from the picture, but I think it looks appetizing)
No comments:
Post a Comment