Thursday, March 31, 2005

20 weeks

We had a check-up appointment today. Everyone knows of my disappointment at the ultrasound--I can't believe the kid had its legs crossed! However, my doctor gave me encouraging news that it may be possible to have another one. She said we can't do it too soon, since I just had one, but she gave me hope. :) So we may know the gender in another month or so. Other than that all is well with the little guy. This baby moves around a lot--which is cool. I am wearing maternity clothes full-time now. I was able to find a couple of pairs of pants at the Old Navy by my school, which was very lucky. Melissa was right--that was the place to go. My sister also just sent home some more pants and shirts for me, so I think I am all set. Plus I got two very cute dresses that I plan to live in all summer from Motherhood. We just got back from North Carolina--visiting Sydney (my niece) and my siblings. But Sydney is the most important :) (just kidding Matt, Terra, and Jason--I loved seeing all of you and miss you so much!) Sydney is fantastic! Perhaps I will include a picture or two of her on here. Speaking of pictures--it is time for a new belly picture for me. I weighed 111 lbs. today at the Dr. office--so that is 11.5 lbs gained so far. My waist is 31.5 inches--5 inches growth. The baby is about 5-6 inches long and weighs about 10 oz. I am trying to get my exercise--but I didn't do it at all when I was on vacation--I need to be better about staying on schedule. I will try to do it everyday from now on. Nothing strenuous, of course, but just to be sure I don't get lazy or unhealthy. I might sign up for a prenatal yoga class with a friend of mine at the Beverly Arts Center.
On a Henry note--no destruction lately. Hooray hooray! He did not go on vacation with us--he stayed at Grandma andGrandpa Shobe's and got himself spoiled for the week. He was very happy and very exhausted when we got home. The day we got home, he wouldn't leave our sides, but he also wouldn't stay awake. He would travel to each room with us and then curl up and go to sleep as near to us as he could. It was cute. He was worn out from his exciting week. That's all for now.

No comments: